Thursday, December 1, 2011

Why We're Here... Why it's Not the End.

To be honest I've never had someone super close to me pass away, but I've seen those I love around me lose someone they love and I know that death is something that is so tragic. Sometimes people are so caught up in death they forget to live. This is probably because they don't know that "this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." Alma 34:32. It's hard to see the purpose of life when everything around you revolves around now and never later. Most people don't think about what will happen after death until they experience the tragedy of the death of a loved one. As a representative of Jesus Christ I can testify that our Heavenly Father has provided a way for us to live with Him again through our Savior Jesus Christ. As we live the gospel of Jesus Christ we will be able to see those we love in the next life, which will be more glorious that the life we have here on earth. The sacrifices we make to follow Christ are so minor compared to our reward when we see God again.

No comments:

Post a Comment