Friday, December 16, 2011

Seek and Ye Shall Find

When I was in France I had heard of the most GLORIOUS dessert ever... macaroons. I had not gotten the chance to try them while in Paris but as my friend and I made our way to Brussels we decided that it was time to have a try. We had seen a few places with macaroons and decided that after we did some site seeing we would top the night off with Macaroons. Well, the evening crept up on us and we found ourselves searching aimlessly for a shop still open that had Macaroons. After an hour and a half of going to every store in the main square we found one place that had them... but they were chocolate flavor (not my favorite) and much more expensive than they looked worth. So we decided that we had failed at finding our macaroons and went back to our Hostel.
The next morning we got up bright and early and made our way to the macaroon shop after breakfast. It was open and the macaroons were looking amazing! I ordered a few of the flavors and tried my very first macaroon. It was the best thing I had ever set between my teeth. I was overcome with an immense amount of joy in finding what I had been looking for... and it was even better than I had thought it would be.
In my life today, I have that Macaroon and it is The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have seen many people wander and search for what they desire most: God's True Church. At times they have found that it may be too late or that the options given to them aren't exactly what they are looking for... but in the end when they find the truth they are filled with the Holy Ghost and realize that it is even more than they could have asked for.
For those of you "who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it" (D&C 123:12) I invite you as a representative of Jesus Christ to seek out in prayer with faith to know whether the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's Church once again restored on the earth. To find out more visit mormon.org!

1 comment: