Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Banana Incident

 

Yes. Today I purposefully threw away Elder Lenker's Banana at the Hill Cumorah. This is what happened:
I walked into the back room at the Hill Cumorah's Visitor Center, opened the refrigerator and quickly closed it. It smelt as if a banana had exploded and sat in a warm refigerator rotting for several weeks. Not good. So I opened it again and put my lunch in and shut it quickly. Nasty. Well... an hour passed by and I wanted some food, so I opened the refrigerator door and again... blast from the banana breath. This time I noticed that the fridge was not empty, besides Sister Trujillo's and my lunch there sat a banana browned a bit and slightly opened at the top to expose a quarter of an inch of white banana flesh. "well, well, well, I've found the culprit!" I thought, picked up the banana, and tossed it into the trash without a second thought. Well after lunch I made my way into the back room and Elder Lenker walked in and said "all right... who ate my banana?" I replied that I had not eaten it but I had thrown it away. Elder Lenker was not happy. He mentioned that all morning he'd been looking forward to eating this banana. I apologized and explained the horrific smell that still haunts my nostrils... he was not convinced. We said our goodbyes and parted ways. Well, Elder Lenker. I just saved your life. That banana was infected with disease that unannounced to your livelihood could have seriously injured your physical well-being. At first you wanted to eat the banana, in fact your desire was great and so you set it aside waiting for when that moment would come. I, however, noticed that the banana was bad and that if you would have consumed it... it could have caused some serious digestive issues. Sometimes we have those same issues in life. The media, people around us, and living in "Society" can sway us one way and affect the way we think and act. Sometimes the Holy Ghost is trying to warn us of something that will drive him away. Occasionally, we don't know that this something could affect the companionship we have with the him... but through the Holy Ghost we're warned not to take part in it... in some cases the extreme happens, he stops us literally from partaking of something that will drive him away. We may not realize it at first but in the end we have been blessed, and we still have the Holy Ghost as our companion. There is nothing we should do that will compromise the companionship of the Holy Ghost, after all, he is the one who can save our life when it's put into physical and spiritual danger.

So Elder Lenker... you have been saved from the life-threatening banana.

(Oh and as a side note... the banana was actually just a banana, I don't know if there was anything wrong with it or that or would have compromised his health... but it did make the Refrigerator stink... so maybe it's good he never ate it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment