Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Plane Crash!

So pretend your in an airplane... seriously, close your eyes and pretend! (I guess open them when you need to read... then close them) All of the sudden you get caught in a terrible storm *thunder, lightning, rain, people screaming... plus anything else that goes with being caught in a storm* suddenly... the plane crashes into the ocean! In order to survive you look around hoping to see some sign of life. Nothing. In all directions you see water. Just water. Which way do you go? If you tread water in the same place forever... you'll probably die, so you should probably pick somewhere to go...






Take a step back to the plane crash... this time you look in all directions and you see not just water but a distant island! Hallelujah! Picking where you go is really easy now, huh? Now get swimming.

Just like that island we need goals. We need something to work towards otherwise we'll be stuck... treading in the water. I don't know about you... but I don't enjoy being stuck in the middle of an ocean treading water... not fun!

One of the goals I made coming out on my mission was to simply become closer to my Heavenly Father. You can't beat being close to God... so I obviously wanted to get on his good side! Each day as I'm studying and praying to meet this goal I can feel my relationship building with my Heavenly Father and I can't help but the song: Nearer, My God, To Thee!

There's a really great version sung by Marissa Rohlfing at this link:
https://lds.org/youth/music?lang=eng#
It should be the third one down...

So what are your goals? Think of something you can become better at and think of a reminder to go a long with it! This reminder will help you remember what you want to accomplish, just like when I think of this song!

mormon.org

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Morgan I just saw your post with the link to "Nearer My God to Thee" My name is Marissa and I'm the girl singing in that link. Thank you so much for sharing it! Thank you also for serving the Lord. Your blog is super cute! :) ~Marissa

    ReplyDelete