Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hawaii or H-e-double hockey sticks?

When I was eight my family went to Hawaii. Heck yeah! It was the best vacation ever. We went to 3 different islands: Oahu, Kauai, and Hawaii. I can't explain the joy of shaved ice everyday, going kayaking in rivers through waterfalls, jumping off huge rocks (or at least at the time they seemed huge) into the water, going to the beach, seeing volcanoes, geckos everywhere, eating endless pineapple, strawberry guava juice on the airplane(I will never forget that Strawberry Guava Juice)! It couldn't have gotten any better. Seriously. In fact I went back to Hawaii my freshman year of high school and I didn't have near as much fun as when I went with my family.

Now, ask my parents about those two weeks in Hawaii and the only thing they remember: All the kids did was fight... it was miserable!

Wait a minute... I don't even remember the fighting, however, I do remember that we sent home a coconut in the mail (but that's besides the point). But just look at everything wonderful I listed... I don't see anything awful!

The truth is... we probably fought... a lot. I can totally believe that, but do I remember such occurrences... nope. Not a bit.

So what does this teach us? How often are thinking... my life sucks... nothing good is happening... how can I go on in this situation? For all you know you're in Hawaii and you don't even realize it! Next time your having a bad day... look on the bright side of things. There are always blessings around you, you just have to realize them! God loves you!

Now this is a vacation! (My sister and I in Hawaii)

No comments:

Post a Comment