Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Spirit of God

As I've mentioned before... I spent some time in Germany before my mission. Most of my time in Germany was spent learning the language. I love learning languages and I love getting to know how people from all over the world live. Well, since being in New York I've been DYING to speak German... I just really want to keep it up and use it. Since I've been here I've always come a jump away from giving Germans a tour! Well today as we were on our way to the Hill Cumorah we got a call asking where we were and that there were two Germans at the Hill Cumorah. Perfect... we were almost there. When we got there I greeted them and they said that they were members of our church doing a Tour of all the Church Historical Sites starting in Palmyra. Wie Schoen! I was so excited to talk to them and to use my German and they were very kind. They even shared their testimonies and we had a great conversation together. The man said he could bear his testimony for hours about how much the Lord loves us. I was so grateful for the words he provided and that he knew that each and everyone of us were children of God. As we talked I thought about this very subject. I know that no matter where we are in the world... the Lord will give us blessings and he will look down upon us and recognize who we are. I know that when the Gospel of Jesus Christ reaches those in distant lands, they also feel this same love, and it doesn't matter where you are or what your culture is, that the Spirit of God is a language that everyone can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment