Sunday, October 9, 2011

Silly Putty Sins

So one time when i was little I was wearing my favorite blue Aladdin swimsuit. I wasn't going swimming I was just wearing it... allllllllll day long. My mom asked me time and time again to change out of it... but of course, I didn't. While wearing said swimsuit I stole my brothers purple silly putty. It was not only my favorite thing but his favorite thing... that's why I wasn't allowed to play with it. Ha! I knew I could play with it if he didn't catch me, so i went into my room, hid under my covers and played with the silly putty. Lo and behold I fell asleep. Probably a half an hour to an hour later i woke up, hopped out of bed, and looked down... oops. My blue Aladdin swimsuit was now a purple silly putty mess. Needless to say, no more swimsuit, no more silly putty.
Sometimes... Heavenly Father gives us commandments. (like not stealing silly putty). It seems like it wont hurt to go against what we know to be right. We may even have fun at the beginning... but in the end is it worth it to lose our favorite blue Aladdin swimsuit? I can't explain how much God's commandments have helped me in my own life... whether its simply to read the scriptures or to pay tithing... I know that I'll benefit from following them. When I choose to make my own rules or go against what I know to be right it never works out! (Trust me). So thank goodness for commandments... they may seem like they're in the way or over bearing but there's a reason why we have them... and we don't need to suffer the consequences of not following them if we don't have to!
If I had time... I'd put purple all over this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment