Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Promise is a Promise.



Click here to read the article... then come back and read my testimony.

Have you ever found out the worth of something only after you really needed it?
One time when I was younger I played the violin. The first year I played I practiced so much, I was probably the best in my 4th grade Orchestra and I loved how much I was progressing. Well... that summer my family moved, in the process of moving we had sold our house, moved out and we were just waiting to move into our new home... but we had two moths before that happened, so we were going from friends house to friends house living there for a bit while they were out of town. The thought of practicing my violin during this time didn't even cross my mind and if it did... I didn't want to do it. Finally, we moved in, and started school. I started to play the violin again, and well... it'd been a bit since I practiced and so my skill level was pretty... um... lets say... beginner. I didn't realize how great this practicing was until I was embarrassed by the fact that... I sucked at playing the violin.  So much for moving into the advanced orchestra.

Well, this same thing happened in my life when I left for my mission. I started to learn how to teach people about the Book of Mormon and I realized I hadn't been practicing as much as I should have... my knowledge of the Book of Mormon was... lets say... beginner. I realized that I was missing something that I needed and that was a better understanding of what I was suppose to teach people. So I began to read, and not just read, but to understand, and pretty soon I began to be able to use what I was reading when I needed to teach. I realized what treasure the Book of Mormon is and that the promises it holds inside are so important to me in my eternal progression.

Now I challenge you to practice. Read  the Book of Mormon. If you never have, here's the time to pick it up and start learning, realize how important it is and treasure it. Find out its importance!

No comments:

Post a Comment